The Day of Surgery
Your doctor and the staff at SurgiCare of Manhattan will undertake all necessary actions to make certain your surgery will go smoothly and make your stay at the center comfortable and stress free.
There are some aspects that you should pay attention to on the day of your surgery.
- It’s important to arrive as instructed for your scheduled surgery. We kindly ask you to arrive on time. If you are coming by car, here is a list of parking lots close to SurgiCare of Manhattan.
- Upon your arrival, you will be asked to complete admission forms and sign consents. A staff member will check you in and take you to a room to prepare you for surgery.
- Prior to your surgery, you will meet with the anesthesiologist, nurse and the surgeon. You will have the opportunity to ask questions. A pre-operative nurse will begin routine pre-operative questions and preparation.
- We advise you to wear loose, comfortable clothing that is easily removed for your convenience. You will be asked to remove eye glasses, dentures, hair pins or any other loose objects. Please have a small bag handy for these items.
- You are being discharged on the day of your surgery. You need to arrange for someone to take you home. It is imperative that you have an adult 18 years or older to escort you home after your procedure. Your safety is our priority, so we will not allow you to leave the surgery center unaccompanied.
Discuss all of these aspects with your surgeon before your surgery. Feel free to contact us if there are issues that arise prior to your surgery.
After the surgery you will need the support of your family and your friends. Here is what they can do to help you recover as quickly and stress-free as possible.