Steven J. Lee MD is a board certified, double fellowship trained, orthopedic surgeon and a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Lee specializes in the treatment of the most complex disorders of the hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder, knee, and ankle.
Dr. Lee grew up in northern New Jersey, obtained his MD degree through a highly competitive, accelerated 6 year college/med school program at the Medical College of Pennsylvania. He completed his orthopedic residency at Stony Brook University Hospital, his Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship at NYU/Hospital for Joint Diseases, and his second fellowship in Sports Medicine at Lenox Hill Hospital. During this training, he participated in the care of the NY Jets, Islanders, Rangers, as well as Hofstra Athletics. He has served as the team physician for the New Jersey Red Dogs and Gladiators Arena Football and for Hofstra University Athletics and is a consultant for the PGA tour.
Dr. Lee has been continuously involved in advancing orthopedic research and academics. He is currently the Associate Director of NISMAT, a non profit research organization dedicated to the advancement of sports medicine and orthopedic research. He is actively involved in the instruction of doctors and allied health professionals, and is widely published in peer reviewed journals and presented at numerous national meetings. Specialty interests include:
- Arthroscopy (Shoulder, knee, wrist, elbow)
- Complex hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder injuries
- Shoulder separations, dislocations, and Rotator cuff tears
- Upper Extremity fractures
- TFCC and ligament tears of the hand/wrist
- Meniscus tears, ACL tears of the knee
- Cartilage injuries and repair/transplantation
- Upper extremity nerve disorders
- Tendon ruptures
- Sports Medicine – all facets